World Breastfeeding Week 2011
WBW Photo Contest Results!
The photo contest result is out! To view the top 10 photos, please click here
WBW Photo Contest
Feature your breastfeeding photos in this year’s Action Folder! WABA is organising a global breastfeeding photography contest again for WBW 2011. Ten winning photos will be selected, and contributors whose photos are featured in the WBW Action Folders, Posters and Banners will be awarded US$100 for each published photo.
Total worth of prizes US$ 1,000!
Deadline now extended to 30th APRIL 2011!
What are we looking for?
- This year, we would like for you to share your own “3D Experience”! In line with our theme on communication and outreach, what are some images that capture you and your community in action, supporting breastfeeding? Images that involve multiple parties, generations, sectors, ethnicities, etc are what we’re looking for. Below are some ideas for your pictures drawn from the action steps of the WBW Calendar.
- 1. Breastfeeding advocates connecting with each other in a creative way (via social media, blogs, etc)
- 2. Local communicators (teachers, journalists, media, students) working together to build and share vital messages and raise awareness on breastfeeding
- 3. Collaborative projects with health centers and outreach efforts for pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers or training courses for lactation consultants and peer counselors
- 4. Working with employer, government to support breastfeeding
- 5. Creative community event to for breastfeeding
- 6. Breastfeeding education in schools / universities
- 7. Linkages between breastfeeding and other social causes
- 8. Talking to those around you!
- 9. Intergenerational support (support from young children to grandparents)
- Understanding on the issue would help you take a great picture! Please read the WBW 2011 Calendar Announcement for more information.
How to participate
- 1. You may submit an unlimited number of entries; which could be either analog/print or digital format or both.
- 2. Analog/print format entries must be at least 8R in size.
- 3. Digital format entries must be delivered in .jpg format file and no less than 2560 pixel x 1920 pixel. .tiff and .png formats may also be considered.
- 4. Submitted entries must have the title, date, year, location, name of photographer and caption.
- 5. All cost incurred during this participation shall be borne by participant i.e. cost for image processing, printing, developing, delivery etc.
- 6. All submissions must be completed together with this contest form.
Rules & Regulations
- 1. This contest is open to all except for the manufacturers or distributors of breastmilk substitutes, related equipment such as feeding bottles and teats, commercial foods for breastfeeding mothers, and commercial complementary foods, including employees and associates of such companies.
- 2. Participants may submit as many entries as they wish.
- 3. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt.
- 4. All submission are non-returnable and shall remain the sole property of WABA; WABA reserves all rights to reproduce, publicise or to exhibit the submissions in any form of media or medium whether locally or internationally without any prior notification or payment made to participants. Credit and acknowledgement will be given accordingly.
- 5. Image submitted must not be published by any media or medium prior to this.
- 6. All entries must be of participants’ original works. Usage of third party/parties creative works are prohibited, in which the entry will be automatically disqualified.
- 7. With the entry submission, the participants hereby agree to indemnify WABA from any and all legal claims or otherwise.
- 8. Entries will be judged on the following criteria: subject matter, composition, creativity and technique.
- 9. Minor photo touch-up is allowed i.e. adjustment of brightness of colour and softening or sharpening of the image.
- 10. The following technique will not be accepted: digital super imposition, composite photographs, photo montage, trick photographs, digital imaging and image manipulations.
- 11. All entries must be submitted by 15 April 2011 to:
WABA, P.O. Box 1200, 10850 Penang, Malaysia and/or email@example.com
- 12. Judges decision is final and any form of correspondences shall not be entertained.
- 13. Winner shall be notified via email and WBW website www.worldbreastfeedingweek.org by 30 April 2011.